Group B/C: Difficult Conversations
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London, E8 3ND
19 Feb 2020
09:15 – 16:30
Aim of the course
- To enable professionals to acquire the skills to manage difficult conversation with families and with colleagues
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Recognise when it may be necessary to have a difficult conversation.
- Empower professionals, building confidence and sharing tools to manage such situations.
- Plan, respond and measure outcome.
- Maintain positive relationships when dealing with sensitive issues
- Consider the use of language (words) when discussing safeguarding issues.
- Use role modelling to assess what effective and ineffective communication looks like.
- Reflect the CHSCP priorities.
I will now be more confident when having discussions with other professionals, and more aware of the impact on families!
Paediatric Liaison Nurse, Homerton Hospital
Facilitator: Mary Lee, Marcia Smikle, Pia Lee-Wilson