Group B/C: Young People & Substance Misuse
Queensbridge Road, London E8 3ND
17 February 2020
09:30 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- To raise awareness of drugs and substance misuse in City and Hackney.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Obtain a better understanding about drugs and alcohol misuse
- Obtain knowledge about different types of drugs, their effects, risks and the law
- Obtain a better understanding why YP take drugs & use alcohol ( incl. substance misuse profile of YP in Hackney)
- Understand about the stages of substance misuse and how to recognise the signs for each stage.
- Find out what treatment is available in your area and how to access it.
I will now be able to look out for signs of drug use and offer support by making referrals to the appropriate services!
Care Worker, London Borough of Hackney
Facilitator: Marketi Psarrou