Group A/B/C: Safe & Together Practice Model Webinar
10th November 2020
11:00 – 12:00
Tuesday 10th November 2020 – 11.00 – 12.00 noon
Safe & Together is a practice model designed to support children and family services and their surrounding systems to improve the response to domestic abuse. The London Borough of Hackney along with the London Borough of Waltham Forest and Respect have formed a partnership to implement the Safe & Together model across both local authorities. The Safe & Together model is premised around the following principles:
– Keeping child safe and together with non-offending parent.
– Parenting with non-offending parent as a default position.
– Intervening with perpetrator to reduce risk and harm to child.
This briefing session will provide you with an overview of the model and the implementation process in Hackney. The session will introduce:
– The Safe & Together Model principles and components and how those guide practice.
– A perpetrator pattern framework.
– How to use the Safe & Together Model as a way to enhance good practice.