Group A/B/C: Preventing Radicalisation MASTERCLASS
14 December 2020
10:00 – 12:00
Aim of the course
- This 2 hour course aims to provide participants with the ability to use their existing expertise and professional judgement to recognise individuals that might be vulnerable and to know where and how to refer those who may need support.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Considered what is meant by ‘radicalisation’, ‘extremism’ and ‘extreme views’.
- An understanding of the Prevent Duty and what this means.
- An understanding of CHANNEL and how to review cases.
- Considered the signs that may indicate a child or young person is being radicalised.
- Considered how the internet is used to promote and in extreme cases radicalise.
- Considered the vulnerability indicators for children who are at risk of radicalisation.
- An understanding re who to contact for help and advice if they are worried about a child.
Facilitator: Tracey Thomas, Prevent Coordinator (Hackney)