Group B/C: FGM & Breast Flattening (CPD Accredited)
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London, E8 3ND
18 February 2020
09:30 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- To enhance the understanding and skills of all professionals to act appropriately and confidently to protect and support girls who are at risk or have been subjected to FGM and/or breast flattening.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Gained a greater understanding about what FGM and breast flattening are, reasons for the practice, prevalence and the impact on girls’ and women’s lives.
- Been made aware of key legislation and statutory guidance that determines their personal safeguarding role.
- Understood the process for requesting an FGM Protection Order in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- Been made aware of the role of key services.
- Explored gaps in local provision and how to address these.
- Considered how to effectively and sustainably engage with girls, their families and communities.
- Gained confidence in dealing with cases of FGM & breast flattening.
Facilitators: Leethen Bartholomew & Rohma Ullah, National FGM Centre, Barnardo’s