Group C: Difficult Conversations
Classroom 4, Education Centre, Homerton Hospital
Homerton Row, Hackney, London E9 6SR
Thursday 28th September 2017
09:15 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- The aim is to enable professionals to acquire the skills to manage difficult conversation with families and with colleagues
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Recognise when it may be necessary to have a difficult conversation.
- Empower professionals, building confidence and sharing tools to manage such situations.
- Be able to plan, respond and measure outcome.
- Be able to maintain positive relationships when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Consider the use of language (words) when discussing safeguarding issues.
- Use role modelling to assess what effective and ineffective communication looks like.
- Reflect the CHSCP priorities.