Group B/C: Working with parents and carers affected by Child Sexual Exploitation
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London E8 3ND
9 January 2019
09:15 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- This half day training session enables participants to develop a greater awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) from the perspective of a parent or carer. Safer London have a particular specialism working with gang affected young people and will look at this vulnerability in the context of CSE.
- Participants must have an awareness of CSE prior to attending this training.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Have an increased understanding of CSE, vulnerabilities and risk indicators, with a focus on those who are gang affected
- Reflect on different values and attitudes and the impact they have when working with young people and families affected by CSE
- Have an increased understanding of the impact of CSE on young people, their families or carers
- Gain practical tools, tips and ideas to support your interventions
- Be aware of key policies and procedures required to safeguard families affected by gang-related CSE
- Feel confident when explaining and implementing policies and procedures so that families and carers are better able to keep young people safe.
Facilitator: Safer London