In response to the pandemic Child Bereavement UK will be hosting a series of ‘Bereavement Awareness’ webinars for professionals working with children, young people and families in City & Hackney. The webinars are suitable for all staff working with the public – including for example social workers, housing staff, community/ youth workers, GPs and practice nurses.
The training has been designed to provide an introduction to grief and bereavement. The aim of the training is to enable staff to reflect on the grieving process, to recognise how this might impact on the work they do and strategies for managing this. The training focuses on:
- Developing awareness of grief and bereavement,
- Factors affecting the grieving process, beliefs and culture
- Children’s understanding of death and the impact of this
- Current models of grief and how they help support understanding
- Developing a bereavement aware culture within your organisation, policies and procedures which may assist
- Techniques for self-care whilst working with those affected by bereavement
- Developing awareness of local and national pathways for support
The webinar will last 1hour 30 minutes, including Q&A. A certificate of attendance and E- pack of resources are provided.